Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Welcome!

Thank you so much for visiting!

My name is Katie, and I'm a Marine Corps wife living on Camp Courtney in Okinawa, Japan. I love exploring the island and finding neat new places to eat and shop that are close to home.

I decided to start this blog because I got tired of seeing all the cool places on other Okinawa blogs that were "only 5 minutes away" from a base that's a 30-40 minute drive away from where I live. I was sure there had to be so much more to see and do on this island, and with the help of my adventurous husband, David, I have learned to love trying new places! As I start this blog, I want to focus on the great Cafes and Soba shops that the Uruma/Gushikawa area (close to Courtney and McTureous) has to offer. I have already found quite a few gems!

As time goes on, I may start to branch out to places that are further away, but off the beaten path. I am eager to brush up on my new Japanese skills, but I remember how intimidating it is to go into a place that doesn't have any English on the signs. Hopefully, my blog can also help you feel more comfortable and confident when you try some of the less Westernized places that are out there.

In any case, I promise to always make sure that the directions are clear and easy to follow, no matter where on island you start out from!

I hope you all enjoy exploring with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment